Exploring Smart City disruption and transformation through emerging technologies
For Immediate Release-- In 2017, the highly successful The IoT Show Asia and The Commercial UAV Show Asia come together with 5 other technologies under one brand – TECHX Asia. Organised by Terrapinn, TECHX Asia 2017 demonstrates the real world business use cases of emerging technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain, 3D technology, big dataand drones in five key industries: smart cities, factories, logistics, utilitiesandtransport.
Opening TECHX Asia 2017on 6 September at Suntec Singapore, distinguished guest-of-honour MrKhoong Hock Yun, Chief Digital Evangelist (CDE), Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), Singapore will share insights into the digital transformation initiatives implemented in Singapore. He will also be joined by Danish Ambassador to Singapore, H.E. Mrs Dorte Bech Vizard, who will be exploring about how emerging technologies can help solve some of the current global challenges, and how the uptake of technologies and start-ups can be accelerated.
The smart city keynote panel will highlight the smart city transformations underway across the world. Joining the panel discussion areMr Mohd Yusoff Sulaiman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT), Prime Minister's Department, Malaysia, Mr Thomas Sichelkow, Project Leader, Smart City World Labs, Denmark, Mr Paul Copping, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Greenwich, United Kingdom, Mr Setiaji, Head, Jakarta Smart City Management Unit, Indonesia, Ms Maimunah Jaffar, Head of Planning & Compliance, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), Malaysia and Ms Susan van Boxtel, Advisor for Innovation, Technology & Science, Holland Innovation Network, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Over 100 other experts are joining the speakers mentioned above, including:
• Aric Dromi, Chief Futurologist,Volvo Car Group& Executive Advisor,NTTi3.com, Sweden
• Hiroshi Saijou, CEO and Managing Director,Yamaha Motor Ventures and Laboratory Silicon Valley, USA
• Frans-Anton Vermast, Senior Strategy Advisor for Low Carbon and Connected Urban Planning, Amsterdam Smart City, Netherlands
• Partha Dutta, Data Science Lead, Rio Tinto, Singapore
• Chris Leck, Director, Futures Division,Ministry of Transport, Singapore
• Karthik Balakrishnan, Project Executive,A3, Airbus, USA
• Christian Balzer, Head of Audi Innovation Research (AIR) Beijing,Audi China Enterprise Management Co., Ltd
• Sachin Gupta, Chief of IoT Capabilities, Rolls-Royce, Singapore
• Maximilian Hauk, Vice President Technical Planning, BMW Brilliance Automotive, China
• Koon Eng Goh, General Manager, Asia Pacific, Chevron, Singapore
• Vicky Abhishek, Group Chief Technology Officer, Asia Pacific and Global IT Service Leader, End User Services, The Coca-Cola Company, Singapore
• Vivek Panse, Divisional Head Car Assembly, Manufacturing Engineering, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, China
• Sascha Westermann, Head of ITS PMO, Hamburger Hochbahn AG, Germany
• TC Yee, General Manager (Corporate Development), HK Electric, Hong Kong
• Gavin Barfield, Chief Technology Advisor,Manila Electric Company (Meralco), Philippines
• Julie Olszewski, Executive Director, MSD Global Innovation Hub, Singapore
• Tony Lee, Chief of Operations Engineering, MTR Corporation, Hong Kong
• Hidetaka Abe, Senior Manager for IT Planning, Narita International Airport Corporation, Japan
• Tim Szymcek, Global Head of Lean and Advanced Manufacturing, New Balance, Vietnam
• Jo-Ann Pass, Head of Digital Operations,Sydney Water, Australia
• Santadyuti Samanta, Additional GM, IT SAP Comp. Centre, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited, India
• Ravinder Singh, Chief Information and Innovation Officer, Tata SIA Airlines Limited (Air Vistara), India
• Abhinav Singhal, Head of Strategy, Markets & Development,Thyssenkrupp, Singapore
• Larissa Tan, CEO, Vanda Electrics, Singapore
• Stephen Brown, Director, Innovation, CSA Group, Canada
An exhibition will take place alongside the conference, bringing the entire emerging technology eco-system together: platforms, integrators, cloud infrastructure, sensors, chips, components, devices, semiconductors, security, big data, regulators, financiers, investors and big brandsthe highlighted emerging technologies. Key industry players such as TUV SUD Asia Pacific, TATA Communications, PT. Aldara Sarana Nusantara, Bentley Systems International Ltd, Globe UAV and RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH will also be showcasing their latest technologies and innovations. 25 of the hottest emerging technologies start-up will be featured at the event and they will have a chance to share their disruptions at the TECHX University, which will be open to the public for free, alongside the exhibition.
The event will take place from 6-7 September 2017 at Suntec Convention Centre and will host over 2,000 attendees in 2 days.